RECEIVED THE FOLLOW AWARDS:
1. Pitch@Palace Global, Dec 2016 – by The Duke of York, Prince Andrew
2. Won DFID grant of GBP 350,000, May 2016 – though Human Development Innovation Fund (HDIF)
3. Pitch@Palace Africa, Dec 2015 – by the Duke of York, Prince Andrew, Aliko Dangote, and Obasanjo.
4. Technologies for the Under-served Communities, Dec 2015 – by IChemE (Inst. of Chemical Engineers, UK)
5. National Health Innovation Award (via The President of Tanzania), Oct 2015 – by National Institute of Medical Research (NIMR)
6. Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation, June 2015 – by the Royal Academy of Engineering; GBP 25,000
7. CV Raman Fellowship for African Researchers Award (July – Oct. 2013). Hilonga was competitively granted this fellowship in the midst of fierce competition with many other African Researchers.
8. Gold Medal (August, 2010) from South Korea for outstanding Thesis (12 published papers for Ph.D).
9. Won a special award for Best Oral Presentation entitled “Silver-doped silica reinforced with Aluminium ions”, presented at the 41st Korean Society of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Meeting 2010, Korea